Monday, November 20, 2006

Keeping it going



My son and I are always at each other.....one day there was a stack of 1x8 12 foot cedar boards that needed to be carried. We started with 3, but it wasn't long before he carried 4....I carried 5.....he carried 6.....I carried 7....we carried 8 and on and on until he got to 14......so I "HAD" to carry 15.

With every bone in my body, and every muscle hurting I lifted them up on laid them over my shoulder.....and started to walk. I could feel myself going from 6'2' to 5'10" as my blood pressure went over 400......a sweat broke out as I walked and kept thinking.....yes I can...yes I can. The hardest part was laying them back down on the pile without dropping them......RULES WE HAVE!!!!!

Well this past Sunday we had to move 1,200 square feet of tile we bought during a pre-July 4th sidewalk sale at the flooring dealer. We made out like bandits during this sale....first they had all the food you wanted and all the Mountain Dew you could drink. Then they had specials on tile, along overruns, special order no on picked up, returns and so on.....we saved thousands......

BUT, once we got back to the house it started, I carried one box of tile, he carried two, so I "HAD" to carry three boxes, but as he started to walk with 4 boxes of percelain tile that spend a million years in the ground waiting, then was milled, crated, shipped to Houston, trucked across the US to the wholesaler, then to the dealer and then to us....it happened about 10 feet from ending it's trip from Italy.
My son went one way, the tile went another. I am glad to report that 64 made the "TRIP", but out of 72.....8 are ready for the dumpster divers.....

SIDENOTE: While he was finding himself I carried 5 more boxes.....DAD WINS AGAIN!!!!

No comments: