Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The fast pace of family life.....lately



The little fellow is watch after is getting big and is now talking....and I was so proud when he first learned how to talk....now it's like....SHUT UP ALL ALREADY!!!!!!
Just kidding, he used to sign you stuff when he wanted things, now he just started to talk and sooner or later you actually understand what he means.....


The cat doesn't pay any attention to the rest of us, but when Drake shows up he is all over him, they play together and also take a nap......you can see how much my loving wife uses her walking machine we JUST HAD TO HAVE....now can't ya.


I haven't been able to update the blog as much as I would like, got lots of material about trading, market gurus', jokes and the house but have been busy with family stuff. The Fireman's Ball was one adventure, as we had to all dress up and look good. Each year, we sponsor a table and tie on the feed bag....


Then there was the prom, ever have your son have a problem with the color pink???? Well, I had to explain, "Son, this ain't about you." "It's about matching the little womens' dress, OK?" "Guys wear pink all the time, you look great, OK?"
You can see how he is buying this.......


Ok, now smile and go enjoy the evening, just be back by 11:00pm.....OK????


So after the Fireman's Ball came the prom then came graduation.....yes, believe it or not, my little boy is OUT OF HERE....and UT bound.


I cried the first day of kindergarden, because I lost my coffee drinking buddy, so it's only fair that Mommy does the crying tonight......


Now you would think that after 17 years, he would understand that 150 pounds is no match for .........well, ..........well......BIGGER OK. I guess we will always play with each other, at least I hope so. May 30th, was both a great day and a very sad day at the same time. Not for the reason, you might think. Not because the baby of the tribe is almost grown up and ready to fly away. But because on May 30th, 1990 I lost my dad. We had gone to the "woodland" to look around but he had a massive heart attack and died while we were there. Even to this day, I still see him at a distance, of course, it's really someone who looks and dresses the way he did. We had an interest relationship, he didn't do much with me when I was young because of working. We really didn't get along until I started Little Woody's Workshop in my 30's and as time drifted along we came to an understand each other, I guess. We build a beautiful log home together and used to just sit around and talk and in the end....he was my best friend. So May 30th is always a sad holiday for me, my son gave a little balance to that this year, I only wish my dad could have been there.
He once said to me, "What this place needs now is a little boy." He knew that I was dating Kathy, but keeping it quiet at the time. He just wanted to let me know it was a good thing.....it was just his way of saying, It's OK. And in the end, he was right.


As soon as my son graduated, it was off to Las Vegas for the middle child's birthday. She turned 21 on Sunday and at exactly 12:01am Sunday morning we found ourselves sitting in the sport betting parlor at Caesar's. With a drink in one hand and a poker machine in the other....IT WAS PARTY TIME IN VEGAS.....


Later that day, around 6:00pm (which is really 9:00pm for my body) we had dinner at the Eiffel Tower restaurant at the Paris where we were staying. A 10oz ribeye was $49.95......so you can image what the bill was for 8, but it's the Princess birthday...RIGHT?????


Yes, that is my little girl there, with the baloon hat on......her sister had shirts made up......It's my sister's 21st birthday, buy "ME" a drink....ROTFL. As the evening turned into the night and the night turned into the morning.....well what goes on in Las Vegas stays in Vegas. But we had a great 5 days vacation and now it's back to business.....PAYING FOR ALL THIS.

So as you can see, it has been busy around the double wide lately but, I will be back in full force on Monday the 12th, ready to battle the forces of evil....and go where no man has gone before.........

No comments: