Sunday, April 10, 2005

Confused???????



As 2005 began to unfold, things seem to turn south for me. Another birthday and another good friend from the 60's passing. The construction of the new house had all but stopped because of the cold weather and rain everyday and a whole host of other issues had taken it's toll on my smiling face. Frustration, aggravation, excommunication, mild depression (feel like guy on SNL) had all set in.

After the Traders Expo in NYC, I had about had it with everything, it seemed that everyone was in my face with their problems....Can you do this, can you help me with that....and what is this and where can i find that. So I had decided to back off and move away from hanging it out there.

Of course, the people who blasted me, put me down, made fun of this and that, surely did not help "at the time". So as I started my planned pullback, not saying much of anything during the day. I would pop in Teddy's at night and bust on some old friends but was surely following my plan.

But a strange thing happened to me, in a stretch of only a few days I started getting emails and some phone calls from people. Telling me that I had in some way changed their view of the markets, trading, money management and so on. Some had stopped losing money and were now breakeveners and they all told what an influence I had on their lives. How they had taken this idea and worked it into their style of trading. But the decision had been made to pullback, and I decided that I was still going to stick to that plan.....PERIOD.

Then a mistake, at least that is what "he" called it, came across the internet like a run away freight train, in posting of a chart, just a simple chart that was built into eSignal showing a stoch that painted bars. And it lite me up like the Christmas Tree in Rockerfeller Center, here was my work being studied by someone that proclaims to have a 80% winning trade record (unpublished) was actually working to copy my stuff.

I had long forgiven "them" for what had happened for a year and a half up until August 24, 2004, because I was not going to allow "these people" to casue me to lose my blessings and the favor that I have. I viewed this moment in time, as a clear sign that I could not retreat, could not step back or even surrender, but instead I had to move to a new level on my journey thru life.

My life has been filled with peaks and valleys, some really high peaks and some really really low valleys. During one of these valleys, I asked, "what do I have to do to stop this", and the next morning a note was on my windshield from a women that I only met once. No need to bore you with the details, but I followed that note and I still do to this day and the rewards have been unbelievable at times.

So to those who want to blast me, say things about me, try to discourage me, you really don't understand what is going on......Because Whereever He Leads, I'll Go.....even to Emmaus.

Tomorrow night I will finish the Thursday CCI trade......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes- It is not a case of merely seeing something to believe in it, rather it is more important to believe in something to see it.
I don't think I'm there yet.
dan

Anonymous said...

Sport,,, thanks for your decision to be a mentor and help those who are struggling to gain 'the edge'.
By taking the high road of forgiveness and then working to give to those in need,,, you have opened a new level of blessing and favor that HE is bringing to you. An open door of opportunity is coming which will exceed your greatest expectations. Eye has not seen....

Anonymous said...

"Often Imitated, Yet Never Duplicated". Don't let em get you down Sport. The good always outways the bad. Thank for all your help.

Brian