Monday, November 20, 2006

Trimmin Time....



I thought the price of copper was bad at $407.00 a 1,000 foot roll until this stuff showed up. Clear pine in both 5/4 and 4/4 in random length. But I couldn't find anyone to make the molding the exact way I wanted it, so I bought a shaper, some bits and a couple thousand feet of material.


As the drywaller are getting ready to start work on the 4th floor, we are beginning the process of trimming out windows, doors and floors. These wall have all been faux finished. The process requires the walls to be painted a total of 4 times in order to layer the colors on correctly.


Even while they are working on the first floor trimming the final part of the framing is also being hammered out as we are now picking up speed to finish the house. All the dining and kitchen entrances will have an arc over them, this arc is part of the fibonacci work that I live and die by everyday in trading.........


We made sure that the sides were built out enough in case I decided to stone case the walls....jury still out on that one.


For those of you that email me about certain design ideas, I know the arc above the servant entrance is to high as we moved this wall three times. But, as we finish up building there will be an rod iron piece build above the actual entry.......


The ceiling are 12 feet high, so in the kitchen we are dropping the outside edge around the kitchen to form shelf for backlighting. The original ceiling will become a galaxy ceiling with over 3,000 optical fibers to provide a starry sky.......twinkle, twinkle, little star, I wonder what size blub you are......


Frist we decided to put a window with shutters that opened into the great room, then we decided to put a set of (God forgive me) French doors by taking out the bottom framing....then we decided to arc the top of the doors and build a balcony. Every day it ever a dull moment as we create something beyond any limits.........

No comments: