Wednesday, November 15, 2006

One of those days, but I still love my son.....



It started out a normal Saturday, we had to dig a ditch exactly 22 inches deep and my son is the best operator I have found and he works cheap.....


He worked around to avoid hitting any trees and the world was just great....easy as we go.....


Now what are the odds of hitting a cable on a 9 acre piece of property exactly 22 inches deep. Remember those people that installed cable everywhere.....well the odds are 99.3% as he ripped the cable out of the ground. I will say one thing when he !)$^*!)$^*!$)^!*^!!_$!*)!$^ up....he $)!$($^)$! up.


So with a shovel in hand, it was time to dig it out so the repair men could somehow fix this......we were afraid that he had pulled the cable out of the junction box which would add to the expense of repairing this...


I just had to take this picture because it is "NOT" that often you'll see a teenager doing real work......hope he finds his smile later today......ROTFL.


Well, Monday all kinds of equipment showed up to repair a ribbed to pieces cable..........can't belief they had to bring their own backhoe...


So they dug and dug, I guess in order to make it last the whole day......yep, 7.5 hours to splice a simple cable with 30 some wires.........of yea and 1,700.00 bucks later the place is secure again..........

No comments: