Saturday, February 11, 2006

Daytrading ...the perfect trade...the mother load...the holy of the holy grails.



The perfect trade...the mother load...the holy of the holy grails is what we all want, what we all need and what we live to find. I watch several chat rooms and read the text when we have time....just scanning to see if anything interesting flies by.......L38, S27.50, TLB, 123 and on and on it goes. I even receive emails almost every day asking for my advise, opinion and for some help. Over the past 5 years or so, I have gone out of my way at times, to offer ideas about what I have found works for me and do not regret one minute of it. BUT, some may have noticed that it seems I am not around as much as before, I don't talk alot anymore about setups, internals, money management and so on and the reason is pure and simple.

During 2004, I did two three day workshops...one in Orlando and one in Denver and the attendees were great. I have not found to many people in this business who trade from their homes to be nothing short of good honest hard working people who are trying to find their own answers to the question that seems to be just out of reach at times. During those workshops, I walked around the room and looked at the laptops to see if they were using my template or something else, I would say 90% were using something else, which is fine I guess. They were checking their "toys" against my "toys" to see who had the better stuff and again that is OK with me.

When I used to attend workshops, however, I always left my "toys" in the hotel room because I was there to understand (100%) what that person was trying to "give me". I wrote down comments, notes and drew charts or boxes as the workshop unfolded so later I could go back my pick it apart to the Nth degree. Oh yea, there was always someone at those workshops trying to show how their stuff was better then the person doing the workshop.....and now that I think more about that, I can't remember seeing them around any more. I even went back and took the workshops over, sometimes as many as 4 times to "GET IT".

But what I found was people just can't give up on what they have come up with, no matter how much they have lost, how much it makes them overtrade, how stressful it is to trade and so on......they just can't. Are your charts the same as they were last year, last month or even last week????? Or have you been changing your setup, charts and the results are the same, so what do you think the problem is?

If you give me a few minutes and clear your head of all notions of trading and just sit back and relax......maybe I can give you the keys to the vault....MAYBE!!!
First of all there is a thousand things to say, but what we all need is just one or two great trades a day.....you don't need to be in the market every second and trying the get every swing...you really don't....we just need one good low risk trade with the highest odds of making us some cash right?????? What is 2 points a day trading 10 Russell contracts for the year....?????

The template I shared at the workshops and is FREE in FT....yes that is right FREE FREE, FREE, FREE......will paint red and green bar in the direction of the tradeable trend......and when you have a 50 CCI ZLR, and it triggers that is a really great trade. BUT, I know you want more....right? Well the stoch I personally use is also in FT and it's also FREE, FREE, FREE. So when you have a red bar, with a 50 CCI ZLR, and the stoch is overbought that is even a better trade.......I know you want more right........


Right after Carolyn started her service I joined and it took me a little while and the road was full of bumps for sure, but I finally saw the answer to that question. SYMMETRY.....plain and simple. Thursday, CB had this chart posted up on her service and guess what? There was symmetry right at the 50 CCI ZLR while the bars were being painted red and the stoch was at the top......a perfect trade.....


Here is another example(point "D"), later in that move again the symmetry shows exactly where to take a trade.......it doesn't matter what I did on this series of trades because I could say anything in hindsight.....but there it is, 50 CCI ZLR, red bars stoch overbought...takes out the low of the setup bar...SHORT....drop down to the 70 tick watch the stoch when it goes oversold and price takes out the high of the last bar.....half off and manage the stops.....the key is symmetry folks....symmetry!!!

Ok, so it worked on Thursday, that was a cherry picked example RIGHT.....wrong again. Friday morning CB was talking about no buys.....wait for short setup yada yada yada.....and then she drew it in......716.60 to 717.10.


And so did I. I have always talked about ploting on your trade setup charts......and print them out and study them....do you? Friday the first bar trade worked just fine, the third bar trade and then CB gave me this. How did you do????? If you had trouble on Friday trading with your "TOYS" and even ended up losing money and got ticked off or stressed out....then what the heck are you doing out there. .....why are you using those "TOYS". Because you paid some guru like Steve Matrix a couple of thousand bucks and just can't let go? OR in some chat room and think everyone in there is making bacon and you can't give that one up either. Well, you will someday after you have given me all your money......it's as plain and simple as that. And it doesn't matter how mad you get at me for saying this.....in the end it will be your reality not mine that you have to deal with....

I know, by now.....some that have read this will be ticked off at me again......if so, I am OK with that......the reason you might be ticked off is that I hit a nerve that you have not come to grips with YET!!!!!
There is time left for you to turn the boat around, but first you have to re-think your position. http://www.syncmt.com is one place to check out, CB would be more then glad to help ya with a free trial and MarkB will also help you to discover where you should use your "TOYS". You sent me an email, but signed it with 8 numbers. I don't open or answer emails unless I know where they came from....OR if I think the sender is trying to set me up.....OK. If you are that close to ending it all and don't stop trading today and go out and get yourself a job....well then whatever will be...will be.

I will be having a 4-5 day workshop when the new house is finished and anyone that wants to come.....can come if you buy your own bus ticket. I will be trading exactly the way I actually trade, with my toys, on my turf......and I don't take prisoners either, the cost.......whatever I make during those days, the attendees have to donate the same amount to their favorite charities and provide PROOF. If they chose not to.....then they can deal with God on that one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dennis,

I agree with you 100% and I can't wait to meet you at your workshop. :)

Mario

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing those setups Dennis. I have FT. What are the names of the templates that you are referring to?

Thanks,

Dan

Dennis Bolze said...

WOW, if you email carlos at carlos@fibonaccitrader.com and ask for my template he should be more then glad to forward it to you.....

The rest of my "Toys" that I released should be in the software now...under Bolze yada yada yada.......

Anonymous said...

Dennis,

Could you explain what each indicator does and how to use it? I see an internal paint bar, premium high low, stoch pbar, stoch pbar dyn and stochastic.

Thanks,

Dan