Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Be mine....forever



Be the one to worry about me when I don’t seem right.
Be the one to back me up when I fight my way through life.
Be the one that will stay curled against me at night even though I snore.
Be the one who understands that when I’m upset I get quiet.
Be the one who understands that even when I’m feeling good, I’m still pretty quiet.
Be the one who understands that sometimes you just have to tell me I’m being a butthead.
Be the one who won’t mind cleaning the bathroom, because you know how much I hate it.
Be the one that will tell me that I overcooked the greens but will eat them anyway.
Be the one I can make waffles for on Sunday morning.
Be the one who knows that as much as we have our time, we also have our own time.
Be the one who understands that on football Saturdays, there’s basically nothing else in the world.
Be the one who will sit with me on the side of the mountain and see why they call them the Smokies.
Be the one who will teach me new things when our worlds come together.
Be the one who will make out with me under the cover of a busy tree in the rain.
Be the one who is willing to just slow dance with me because I’m to embarrassed to do fast dancing.
Be the one who loves how big it is, but ultimately couldn’t care less.
Be the one who needs me as much as I need you.
Be the one.
Be mine.

From my wife....yesterday.

No comments: