Friday, December 02, 2005



“THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS”(with apologies to Clement C. Moore and/or Major Henry Livingston, jr.)

‘Twas weeks before Christmas and all through the blog
Not a creature was stirring, not even the dog.

The charts were hung on the five monitors with care,
In the hope that a rally soon would be there.

The daytraders were sitting all glued to their screens,
While visions of profits played tricks with their spleens.

When up on the monitor there arose such a loss,
I sprang to my desk to see what had happened to my secret sauce.

Away to my broker I phoned real quick,
Get me out, at market”,
Then threw up, boy was I sick.

The retracement of prices to a new fallen low,
Gave the midday appearance of support below.

When what to my wondering eyes should I perceive
But a miniature retracement on all eight tiny minis.

With a little old fibo so quick and alive,
I knew in a moment,
It must be a 5034/CCI.

More rapid than eagles they flew from the low,
And I whistles and shouted,
“I’m getting a place like Sport’s Chateau”.

“Now, Oil! Now, Russell!
Now, Notes and Bonds!
On, Euro and Gold
On, Dow! On, S&P!”

To the high of the day from as low as it could,
Now dash away! Dash away!
I’m going to live near Dollywood.

I spoke not a word but stayed focused on targets,
And took half my profits out of the markets.

And laying my finger aside of my nose.
I took the rest of my profits as the market rose.

I then sprang to my car,
And took my realtor aside,
“Put a SALE sign on.
That double wide”.

And I heard him exclaim as I drove out of sight
Merry Christmas to all and to all daytraders a good night.
JAB

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a fun poem at this time of year. Holiday wishes for you and your family Dennis