Friday, December 30, 2005

CCI Sidewinder, I think I got it right this time.....



The other night I did an update using the 50CCI with the Sidewinder and talked about missing the best trade of the morning, then getting into a choppy period and by noontime was behind the 8 ball.....so to speak. I received several emails and blog comments about that article and that I had it all wrong. I thought it was simple, Sidewinder printing red....look for a ZLR to short. The Sidewinder printing green....look for a ZLR to go long and if it's yellow, well sit on my hands. I received several emails and a couple of comments in this blog that I had it all wrong. Green means to take ZLRs, Red means not to take them and yellow means caution or you are on your own.


So I went back with this new information and check out my charts. "A" was yellow so I am not going to throw caution to the wind, so I would not have taken that one. But this way of using the Sidewinder meant that "B" was a valid setup. Of course, if you could have made any money on that, without using hindsight, is something I would like to see, but that is another story.

SO, then we have "C", "D" and "E" and with the Sidewinder printing red, it kept you out of trouble....well that is good right?

Then we have "F" and with the Sidewinder green, means when the bar closes and the turbo turns down...SHORT. Oh yea, that would have been a nice one.....LOSER.

Now let's go to "G", since the turbo didn't get to -100 it was not a valid setup for my rules, but the Sidewinder was red at the time......so no harm, no foul.

By the time we got to "H" and "J" the sidewinder was a red as Jimsy's face when we showed him playing around in a chat room using other nicknames and being stupid. Wonder how Bernice is these days, anyways?

So I always couldn't figure out if these CCI setups gave you a 80% winners why on earth we needed the Sidewinder to filter out losers in the first place. But, using the Sidewinder we again missed the best morning trade, and had a breakeven trade at best and a flat out loser.

NOW I may not be the brightest light blub in the box, BUT IF THIS IS REALLY GREAT TRADING EVERYONE...........man are we all in trouble, but at least it's FREEeeeeee!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dennis,
I don't use the sidewinder. Nor will I probably use the new chop indicator.
If the angle of the 34ema is over 30, that shows trend and is good enough for me.
Besides, something in me just likes counter trend moves. Guess women are just contrary human beings.
Cathy