Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Words of wisdom from Larry Williams...



"I think the easiest way to overcome emotions is by not making big bets. If you make big bets you become very emotional and that is what the public does, they bet more than their emotions can handle. I think the best formula for a technician is from Einstein, E=MC2 because what that tells us is that E is your emotion equal to your money multiplied by the square of the number of contracts your trading. Everybody bets too big and then they get emotional, and a lot of your emotions can be controlled by your bet size. You still can become emotional with the markets, but every time I put a trade on I know where my stop is and where my risk is. I’ve already accepted that I can lose that amount of money on the trade and it’s done, what else can I do?

The interesting thing about that is if you look at all the great athletes, they can always come back. That means you need to have the energy and the stamina as well as the skills. In trading the only way you can come back is if you have money left - the most important thing for a trader is to have money left. If you bet big, you’ll lose big, and then you can’t come back."
Larry Williams....:)

Now in life you think you see things that are real, just like looking at your charts and you think you see an ideal setup for the trade. Your mind might see one think but in reality it something else.....get up walk back 15 feet and take another look at Albert Einstein....

So what are you missing on your charts.......we bought the market all morning with a target of 743.30. Which we hit.......nice morning in the chat room...no one shorted ROTFL.....

No comments: