Monday, April 17, 2006

For me.....there is a simple answer.....MON.

Anonymous said...
Are all the trading guru's the same ?
I'm sick of it now.

First the try to catch a lot of newbies like myself with free stuff. They let you show how wonderfull theire system works in hindsight. But in the meantime they are promoting charting software, brokers, seminars, and now we've busted Drbob selling trading systems ???
Inbelieveable, here's a list of guru's I looked at for learning how to trade :
- woodie/dax/gio : CCI setups, but seems to be a scam afterwards
- enthios : needed $$$ after he had enough newbies.
- logicmaster of proflogic etc... : stochastic with special parameters --> wanted money afterwards too
- croc : promoting his futurestraders
- drbob : See message below. I'm still confused of it.
- Dennis : are you next ? (FT ?)- Olm, GB, Nicktrader, Nqoos : Still ok....until now.

Lesson learned : forget the guru's and the chatrooms, learn something myself.

DRBOB wrote :
I have started a section in the Traders Haven Forum specifically for the Frank
Dilernia/AMT Systems.

If you are not familar with Frank Dilernia or the AMT Systems and want to know
what this is all about, please read the message that I posted and follow the
link to Frank's site as well.

http://209.61.254.23/forum/php/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=27&sid=bb6659da2452d9f27a3bcc91327e46b1

I have set up a separate room in Hotcomm on relay 7, TradersHaven - AMT Systems,
just for people who are using (leasing) or trialing the systems from Frank. The
room is password protected and is only for people registered with Frank. Email
me or PM me if you have received the systems and want to come into the room. I
will require a copy of the email from Frank verifying that you have been sent
the systems.

This room is just for trading the systems only and there is no discussion of
other trading methods in it. Frank does visit the room regularly and we are all
there to help get people set up and answer questions.

This is an exciting methodology for trading and has been very profitable for me
so far. Frank sends out regular updates on results and we are starting to
accumulate our own data within the room as well. We will be posting those
spreadsheets on the TH forum as we go along.

Best wishes,
drbob
April 12, 2006 11:07 AM


We all reach a point, that we understand there is no holy grail.....no magic guru....no pie in the sky.....but if there is I only hope it either egg custard or lemon. There are people who couldn't trade themselves out of a paper bag and then there are guys who like to trade and share ideas. This second group understands there is more to trading then just one magic indicator, there is money management, trade management, fibonacci levels, square of 9, support and resistance, clustering of indicators and so on. They also understand that by sharing these ideas it can't harm their own trading because 99% of those who take a look at some idea will filter it out and move on searching for the answer.

When Robert died and by the way, I still think of him, I was asked to do a workshop because, at the time, they didn't have a replacement. Doing a workshop takes a lot of time making power points, collecting charts and examples, manuals and not to mention the time away from the family for 4-5 days. When I agreed to do the workshops, I also mentioned that they needed to find someone.......by Vegas of 2004, I recommended MarkB. I do use FT to trade and have for many many years, no doubt more years then most of you have even traded. It's a great software package and can do several things that others don't hold a candle to.

As far as becoming a guru and selling stuff......I could if I wanted to, just look what is out there these days. I have given to anyone who wants to test all the indicators I use...like I did in FT with my templates. I also gave the money that would have been "MY CUT" from the workshops to MAW and have posted the checks and if it's important can again. I am on the MAW list of donors......but others aren't. I have spoke to several trading groups across the USA...again when they wanted to cover my expenses, I advised them of the cost to come and speak and asked them to donate it to MAW, which they did.

So the bottom line is....I will still give out ideas on trading for you to consider in your trading. I will also speak around the country because I love to meet traders and visit all the great eatin places in this beautiful country. BUT, become a GURU......oh please.....to much work.....sooner add a couple of contracts and be done by 4:15pm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I received the message from DrBob that was mentioned. And unless I misunderstood it, DrBob is not selling anything. DrBob is just providing a separate room on Hotcomm for those traders who follow a system that was created by Frank Dilernia. I don't think there is any cost for the new room but it is just for those people who bought Mr. Dilernia's book and who are trading his system.

Anonymous said...

Poor drbob. He got sucked into trading someone else's black box...and a countertrend black box at that.

That's the problem with chat rooms, even very friendly ones. It's human nature that you can easily get involved in someone else's ups and downs and, if you're not careful, you let your will break down and start thinking that maybe the next guy or gal has it goin' on and so why not just ride along their coattails?

You have to have a very strong belief in yourself (like Dennis apparently does), not to mention a fair amount of self-conviction to ignore other people's successes and failures. You have to realize that they are on their own paths in life, not the answer to yours.

My will is not that strong so I have just swore off chat rooms altogether. I know I have enough tools (and secret sauce ;-)) to make it without anyone else's guidance. It can be quite relaxing just depending on yourself and not constantly looking over your shoulder to see what the next person is up to. It fosters self-reliance and that is something that can only benefit you going forward in whatever course you take from that moment on.