Saturday, October 08, 2005

If you feel you were born to lose.....then this is for you baby!!!!!



Wonder if you belong, think you’ve got it down
Does it still feel the same, now that losing is back around
Born to lose, born to lose, make your mind up no fooling round
Now that I know, I could never be, I would never be more then the losing one.

Wonder how it all began, as if that mattered anyway
There’s few winners you’re always wanting, every single day
Born to lose, born to lose, make your mind up no fooling round,
Now that I know, I could never be, I would never be more then the losing one.

Born to lose, born to lose, make your mind up no fooling ’round
Now that I know, I could never be, I would never be the only one.


I am always testing, testing, logging, more testing, research, thinking outside the box, then back to more testing. This little system had 264 trades this year so far, with that it is only producing 32.58% in the perfect world (no slippage and perfect entries), out of that it lost 118 of those trades, broke even on 60 trades and only had 86 winners.

Worse, then that it had 8 consecutive losers in a row, that is "8" losers. But the dang thing still has a net profit after commission for the year. The toughest part of this business is the between the ears, you know, when you enter a trade...you EXCEPT a positive out come...or why on earth would you take the trade in the first place. Most of us, in one fashion or another have come to trading from the business community and held upper level management positions or were business owners. So we don't take being wrong lightly, if at all. In fact, I believe the more education you have the worse you will trade, mainly because you think you are smarter then the rest of us and that leads to opinions and a bias. Which is a deadly combination for sure.

But if you use the proper money management and trade management you can in fact be wrong two thirds of the time and still reach your objective. Oh yea, just for fun what is the highest batting average in the majors this year?

No comments: