Sunday, October 16, 2005

Have you ever been looking for something and found something else???

Have you ever been looking for one thing and end up finding something else? Well, last week I needed a flat head screwdriver and that should have been simple enough to find...RIGHT?
Well I have a son that thinks he is Tim and Toolman, ever since we was about 2 bean sprouts higher then the cat he has been working on everything. We once took his 5 bikes, took them all apart and tried to build a new one...the super bike. We ended up buying him a sixth bike.

When he was about 18-24 months, we were building a nice size log house and I was losing tools left and right......a clauk line.....then a hammer....then a screw driver....then the clauk.....then a tape measurement...and my small square. I walked around every room, on every floor to no avail. I asked my dad about where my tools where.....he knew nothing. Then I asked my wife...she didn't even know what a T-square was. My two daughters....knew what a square but were busy with Barbies ... rotfl.
I was going nuts when I went over to my 2 foot 4 sidekick and asked him. His arms went up and he twisted his little hands. That was a sign that he knew "NOTHING"....no more....done...allie all.

As I walked past his yellow bus, I looked at it for a second and then lifted the seat and guess what I found. You got it, he had turned his bus into a tool box just like dad and his granddad......every man needs a tool box, RIGHT. IT was funny and we had a lot of laughs over the years about that.

So I had looked under my son's bed, in his closets, on the washer and dryer, under his dirt bike, in the trunk and ended up looking in all 18 junk drawers when I spotted a roll of film. It must have been in there since we moved in here about 2 years ago. So I had to see what was on the roll.


When I got the prints back, low and behold this is THUMPER. Thumper is the thinker, she doesn't do anything without first thinking about the risk. She is quiet, reserved and very loving. Always the last one in the truck as she smells every flower.


Then we have SCOOTER when she was a pup. If you ever meet Scooter you know why we named her that. Scooter is a simple minded kid, she just follows the end of her nose and gets in more trouble then anyone I know. Just looking at the pictures tell you everything. First in the truck and will step all over you to get to her seat.


Well one day, my wife had just given them each a bath....and they ran over to the neighbors and right thru a mud puddle. Ever hear of a golden that didn't like water? My wife went over and yelled at them to get back home and she was just nuts by the time they got back....and then they got another bath.....and this time with cold water.....YEA that will teach them RIGHT!!!!


Now let me ask you, how could these two ever be a problem......ROTFL....oh yea, you can see Thumper has her UT collar on and they are sleeping right out side my office..So they are my kids. I did find the flat head screw driver once my son got home from school, but what a pleasant surprise to find these photos. So you just never know what you will find looking for something else......That is a hint that carries over to trading also.....
:)

No comments: