Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Banging head on desk does help.......

Last night, I expressed my !#)$^!#$*)!&!& over the building process that is currently under way here. Back in the 80's my Dad and I built a very nice log home.....basically just the two of us and a couple friends on the weekend. It took us 4 years until his death to get to about 95% finished. Of course, we talked a lot about what we were going to do, how we were going to do it, what we needed and then we did it. One thing at a time, no hurry, just a father and son enjoying building my dream home at the time. Shoot, some days we just talked and threw stones and watched our golden puppies run them down. Eat some cheese and crackers and talk so more, we even went to the local hang out and teased the waitresses over lunch. It didn't matter how long it took.....it was a special time for us together.

Every project, no matter what it is, has peaks and valleys. There is a saying that goes like....."I don't mind the ups and downs, it's the jerks that get me." Also, like trading and life in general, things roll along and nothing wrong happens. You find the front parking spot at Walmart, you need three boxes of screws and that is exactly the amount they have left on the shelf and so on.

Then there are times when it doesn't even pay to get out of bed. In fact, you don't even get out of bed, you fall out of bed....ROTFL. The only parking spot at Walmart is the one with the pothole right at the car door and it just finished raining. They don't have 3 inch drywall screws, they only have 1 inch brads and only a box of THEM.....

The past two weeks it's been one problem after another....nothing that can't be solved. Nothing that alone can change your attitude, BUT, add them all together and all !)@*)!$*!!%_~@!#$)_ breaks loose.

I have been asked how this effects my trading. That is simple, I trade three ways....stocks, options and futures. Stocks are swing trading over several months, options on the other hand are traded using fib timing, if there is time and price so much the better. That means in a nuts shell, I buy today, and I know that on June 23rd there is timing....cover on the 22nd. Futures, is just watching the secret sauce, waiting for the defined pullback on the ideal after a first bar trade setup and lunch.

The problem is, there is no time to do the research needed to find the stock on my list to setup the trade. This is why, now there is a big push on to get this !@)!@)^!)*)@^*) house done. There was as many as 29 people working up on the hill, now there are two shifts working as 3 more subs were hired to do certain defined jobs, which requires more time on my part to keep ahead of everything and the pipeline moving. The interesting thing is that I am working with my future son in law..I guess who knows nothing about futures. Seeing if providing him with "ONLY" the correct info in the first place can make him a profitable trader quickly. More on that after the 8th.

The best thing about trading is this, if you have a simple well defined set of rules with the proper money management, then you can trade with the outside stress that life throws at you. If you are shooting blanks all day, then HOUSTON, we have a problem.

No comments: