Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Well before anyone works themselves up in a fit here.



Well before anyone works themselves up in a fit here. You have to consider a couple of things.
1. DrBob was a loyal and devoted follower of the Duke of Wood and went "WELL" beyond the call of duty to help others with what DrBob believes is solid way to approach the markets. And what have you ever done?

2. DrBob also setup the first NJTAL from start to finish and had already planned the second NJTAL which means he signed the contract for the hotel and paid the money up front for everything. And what have you ever done?

3. Duke of Wood then decided that DrBob had to go, not that he had to take it into one of the dozen or so other rooms, that no ones uses....BUT YOU'RE OUT OF HERE. What did you do, anything or just sit there....afraid you will be next?

4. DrBob then setup a chat room, where people are allow to talk openly and freely about their trading ideas. Without fear of being kicked and banned for what they say or think. No fear, of posting a chart or asking questions about a different setting or indicators....just traders talking about trading. And what have you ever done?

DrBob has done what 99.9% of the people ....won't....the rest just sit there like sheep, ready to follow, anywhere, anytime or anybody. I have no prolbem with DrBob or TradersHaven, in fact, it is just what people need....a place to come and share ideas, network in a lonely business, tell a joke or two and be part of a community.
Something that others seem to have missed entirely.

Here is the post from Anonymouse about DrBob.........GO GET THEM!!!!!
And post here anytime.....


Anonymous said...
A Statement by Dr Bob Regarding the 50CCI

“I want to take this opportunity to put in writing a statement by myself regarding my use of the 50CCI and the genesis of the trades that evolved from that.

I received a very pointed, unsolicited email from a well known member of Woodies CCI club in which it was said that I was not forthcoming in disclosing my exposure to the 50CCI. It was stated by this person that the 50CCI was taught to me by one or two other individuals in the room and that I should give credit where credit is due. It was also stated that “I made it seem from the beginning that I discovered the 50CCI”. It was also insinuated that I am making a “career move over it”. This is a statement on my background and use of the 50CCI and the trades that I have described using it.

My use of the 50CCI began when I first was exposed to the CCI in the Paltalk rooms very early on. I was in the original Paltalk room when there were 2 rooms being relayed; I was most often in room 2 with Jayscat. I had been using multiple EMAs on my charts before CCI, using a longer period EMA on a lower time frame chart to represent the EMA from the longer timeframe on that smaller timeframe.

At the time, Woodie was using only the 14CCI so I added a 25CCI, 50CCI and 75CCI to mine in addition to the 14CCI as I had no idea how the longer period CCI would equate to the similar method I had been using with EMAs. I just doubled the 14CCI, rounded to 25 and went up in increments of 25 to 50CCI and 75CCI settings. As time went on the need to cut down on information became evident and I dropped the 25 and 75 and ended up with the 14/6 (as Woodie added the turbo later) and the 50CCI. I was never introduced to the 50CCI by another person in the room. I have had it on my charts since day one and have been using it since then also. I was reticent to discuss it in the room, as it was Woodie’s wishes at the time to keep to the basic setup in the room. I showed him what I was doing with the 50CCI at the NJ TAL last year and have shown many others the work on it over the past 3 years. If those people are so inclined they could verify that statement. I have no idea if I was the first to use the 50CCI and have never said that I was. I am not making a “career move”. I am just showing others what I do and if they find value in it, good enough.

The 5014 trade came as a result of a side room we had about 2 years ago with SamS. SamS was trying to develop an auto trade system using WealthLab and had marked every 100x as a potential trade and was accumulating stats. We noticed that the 100x in the direction of the 50CCI was a good trade and he ran the stats on it with favorable results. We were using the 5m ZB chart at the time. We named the trade 5014 and we used that trade in the side room extensively on the ZB and later the EUR. I wrote custom alerts for that trade in Sierra and shared those alerts, almost 2 years ago, with a handful of people who if they feel so inclined could verify that. I can paste a chart of that alert system as I still have it as a saved study in Sierra.

On trading it over a period of 2 years I added the 0 line nuance and thus the name change to 50140.

The 5034 became noticeable to me on the EUR during the same period as above. We traded it on and off in our little side room over the past year, mostly paying attention to the first ZLR nuance. Only recently I have really started focusing attention on it utilizing the spread sheet and stats.

I would like to thank GB007 for introducing me to the 34EMA and for highlighting the importance of accumulating stats on your trades. Joanne also influenced me in this regard. This has been of tremendous benefit and the 34EMA has been a must have tool. I would like to thank the person who wrote the excel sheet that I use and he knows who he is and I have expressed my appreciation to him on numerous occasions. It is his wish to remain anonymous and if he chooses to do otherwise, that will be his decision.

I would like to thank Dharma for her moderating influence and for her excellent insights into the nuances of higher time frame relevance. She is long time friend and trading partner. Woodie’s benefit to others and me goes beyond words. Just trying to give back is all that any of us can do to repay him.

Thank you for reading this dissertation and I apologize for the time spent on it, but I have been advised by good counsel that clearing the air was probably best, as there are probably others besides this one person who had similar feelings on this issue...DrBob”

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder who it was in the club who sent Dr. Bob that email? Was it Gio? Woodie? Tony? Inquiring minds want to know!

Anonymous said...

Boy, are you Sport up Dr Bob's ass or what!!!!!

Dennis Bolze said...

Try the Earl from AZ.....

Anonymous said...

Who sent the email? If i was a gambling man, my money would be on Gio. She doesn't seem to like it when someone gets more attention than she does. When that happens, the newbies don't cry for her attention every time she says something like "As I always tell my students..."
Seems very few are able to resist the large, desperate market of struggling wannabe traders that Woodie's CCI Club delivers.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

this is from the Cheeseblog. It's getting pretty old. Let's try discussing trading for a change. Sport, you're not exactly setting the right tone. Or are you trying to poorly imitate the Cheeseblog?

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, the "tone" and material writes itself. This is no poor imitation of anything. It is what it is. If a certain cult and its leader didn't continue to do such scummy things, there'd be nothing to ridicule and talk about. If one poor soul out there is prevented from wasting months or years of his/her life lighting candles for the cult's inner circle, then it's done a righteous service.

For those, whining about the lack of hardcore trading talk, grow up. If you're looking for trading secrets and insight on a blog, you're exactly the type of noob who would stumble headfirst into a candle lighting cult. Everybody knows where Dennis is during trading hours, where he talks non-stop about trading. His techniques are detailed there, here in earlier entries and in other places on the web.

Dennis Bolze said...

JUST FOR THE RECORD....anonymous who posted the farting stuff in the cheese and has no manners.....I will delete any further posts from you......So go back in the hole where you belong...simple as that...

Anonymous said...

" Do I have any other choice? "

While pondering the deliberate yet very important testimony of Chairman Greenspan this morning, I gave consideration to the fundamental dilemma your question raises.

Two things occur to me that I wanted to share.

First, our friend woodie made a fundamental mistake in his attempt to define all market behaviour with this well advertised set of 8 - 10 or so trading patterns. Another obvious mistake, was to advertize and then defend this notion these patterns are valid or correct 80% of the time. By doing this, woodie has drawn an unrealistic line in the shifting sands of the market landscape.

In essence, what woodie has attempted to do is provide a "one size fits all" solution for technical market analysis and for day trading. This creates an initial enthusiasm and hope (an expectation) for how the methods will work (80% = a sure thing). Which then leads directly to the forced reality of how the methods actually work when placed into the hands of the infinite variety of trader skill levels & psychological makeups applying the method in real-time trading.

You have done a nice job here in this blog documenting your experiences with this phenomenon, between woodies advertising (your expectations) and reality (of your live trading results).

Now this leads me to the following observation, which I will phrase in the form of a question the markets require each trader must eventually face.

" Based on everything I understand
about myself and my trading today, what is the best trading method I need to use ? "

This fundamental question, shifts your focus away from what someone else is telling you (their expectations of your beliefs and behavior), and onto what you know about yourself and the market, your expectation of your behavior. In addressing this question, you are taking control of your trading back from someone else, and are taking personal responsibility for your beliefs, trading behavior and trading results.

This leads me to propose a few basic questions for those using the CCI:

Was I confident placing live trades today using the CCI ?

Do I doubt the signals CCI generates leading to hesitation, inaction, second guessing, and confusion while trading ?

Does using the CCI increase my confidence trading, or does using CCI diminish my confidence in taking trading actions in real-time ?

Is the CCI the best tool for me to base my real-time trading decisions and actions on ?

Is there a better tool for me to use ?

Do the woodies CCI trading patterns work for me ? Am I confident using these patterns ?

Are there other patterns that will work better for me ?

and so on...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dennis Bolze said...

I told you to clean this up or I will start to delete any nasty comments about nothing but some BSski from you other then trading.......and go stand in the corner...you need some private time.

Anonymous said...

Oh oh....someone is having a bad day. Must have lost money trading today.....

Dennis Bolze said...

actually you can ask those in the chat room ....we had a very nice trade today.....thank you very much. Just no one is going to take over this blog....with off color postings...including yours.

Dennis Bolze said...

I have left the anonymous post of 6:18 so you will know, since you appear to be stupid, what I am talking about....none of this kind of posting...PERIOD....

Anonymous said...

Well there goes your theory, it wasn't me...