Monday, June 20, 2005

It was 2003, and everyone enjoyed the chat room.....

Before the Las Vegas CCI Conference at the end of 2003, I was having a great time in the chat room, busting on people, typing up lyrics and moderatoring from time to time. I would even fly out to Scottdale just to have lunch with the local CCI Club, Woodie and a couple of my trading buddies that lived close.


There is David and next to him is Woodie's foot doctor, rmk, Won, Shanti, DesertDude and others were at the table and there were several tables...we had a great time busting on each other. I mean, this is exactly what the club was about, traders helping traders, enjoy their fellowship and sharing stories and jokes. An Extended family if you like.

Not only were there several old time trading buddies there, but traders that I had chatted with in the room and of course the boss came himself. After the luncheon, we asked Woodie if he wanted to join us over at the Cheesecake Factory for dessert. And of course, Woodie said that would be great and off we went.
Strawberry cheesecake for everyone......



During the summer of 2003, CB had a Trade-Along in Chicago, and I could not get there in time for the first day, but did arrive for Dr. Famir BBQ cookout. I met Kate for the first time and r7, what a character he is. Again, just regular folks talking about their everyday lives, kids and grand kids, trips, cracking jokes and so on. You know, we all have "OUR" way of trading, no matter if it is making money or not, and these times together was not about really trading...just enjoy time with each other....

Later in 2003. several of us who are in CB's room decided to come out to Scottsdale have a two day workshop and share ideas about this and that. Again we met for lunch with the CCI Club and again we had cheesecake. That was when Woodie invited us all over to the Country Club for Apple Dumplings the next day. The apple dumplings are ordered first because each one is made fresh and it takes about an hour or so before they are ready to be served.....but WOW it's worth the wait for sure. Anyone have a fork or spoon......help a guy out.



During this vist is when Woodie came over on the first afternoon and joined us for a while. While DesertDude was talking about how he traded and Shawn also talked about her work and everyone else was listening to them, I personally was in a losing trade, at the time, and eas clued to the charts when Woodie came over sat down and we started to talk. That was when he asked me, if I had ever looked at a certain setting for the CCI, which I replied NO....so I set up a new chart with the CCI set to 14/6 and also setup one the way he described it while "he" explained how it worked. This was the trip out there when Won and I drove to Vegas at 120mph across the desert in a Z car......wild time and this is actually Woodie's house in the back ground, for whatever that is worth.


At the time, we were approacheing the Vegas CCI Confernce and Woodie explained how "if" the regular CCI stopped working that this setting would get everyone in before the regular CCI could. In other words, with this settting you could front run the regular CCI by a couple of minutes, Woodie even showed this several times, in the chat room, before Vegas and said that he was going to "give it to us" in Vegas. I trade totally different then other traders do based on the spread, trin, tiki, prem and tick, so front running the regular CCI didn't exactly strike a note with me. I mean, it would be nice to be able to do that...but I also know that a any second in time and I mean any second in time...someone...somewhere in the world can press a button and blow you right out of the water....PERIOD.

In fact, Joey Borsellino was sitting in a hot tub one night, and in one of those moods as he looked at the overnight market. The conversation had alot of 4 letters words in it, but the basic topic was the ASxxxxxx who think they are smart by using stops in the overnight market just above and below a pivot. So, he picked up an order entry device, and said watch this as he hit the botton.......and then proceeded to reverse and ended up clearing out both sides of the market around each pivot. "So much for being a wise guy"......I will always remember that, doesn't matter what you do, what system you trade, or what market....someone can take you out in a heart beat.....no matter how you get in.....before the crowd, with the crowd or after the crowd.

I really didn't think more about front running until April or so in 2004, and will explain more about that later... I need to trade....hehe

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dennis,

Nice description. Please continue. As I'm reading this and consider my involvement with the other room, I still keep thinking that the whole mindset changed with the Club when eSignal was pushed front and center. Everything just seemed to get so commercial and political after that.

Anonymous said...

Dennis,
This is most interesting. I can't wait for the next installment.

Your secret admirer,
Sid

Anonymous said...

Well after all the stuff about funds not making it to MAW, if the next segment is about woodster front running his own group with his new indicator I will definitely need a barf bag.

Anonymous said...

...we asked Woodie if he wanted to join us over at the Cheesecake Factory for dessert.
...Strawberry cheesecake for everyone
...and again we had cheesecake

Hmm, and "The Big Cheese" killed woodiesroom 2 years later.
I knew it was one big conspiracy. In fact I'm not surprised that "The big cheese" is Dennis.

Anonymous said...

anonymous 1:57
what BS are you spewing here?, Woodie killed his own room as well as a damn good blog

Anonymous said...

Dennis,

I looked back into your blog. I can see where this is going from previous posts. You are going to tell us all again about "front running", "dissapearing cash from the TALs" and "missing donations to MAW". Of course all without any real facts or hard proof. You don't want to "confuse the newbies" with facts?

The one thing you are not telling us is WHY you writing this all down instead of doing something about it. I just want to know WHY? Why not just walk away? Why not go to the IRS? Why not talk to the SEC? Why not talk to your lawyer? How are you involved in all of this?

I am a neutral party. No axe to grind at all. I just want to know.

Do you think you are doing a public service? Are you doing this for your own gain? Are you retaliating for a slight?

Sir_Trades_A_Lot

Anonymous said...

Just let Dennis finish his damn tale. Don't interrupt and spoil things with your Cliffs Notes version, Sir_Sure_Is_Nosy_And_Asks_ A_Lot_Of_Dumb_Questions_As_If_You're_Owed An_Answer_To_Any_Of_Them.

Anonymous said...

Sir Trades we all know your a sharp tack... Must be Howard ATF... We are all waiting in agony for the FACTS, just try to stay calm OK ?

Anonymous said...

Howard still posting his 100% winners?

Anonymous said...

Sir_Trades_A_Lot - Is that you Samson??

Anonymous said...

in my opinion woodies room started to go downhill when earl started to push esignal unmercilessly and gio was allowed to call trades without entries (just many many runners and exits).

Anonymous said...

I think this post about woodie front running is despicable. It is probably the lowest thing a person could do, especially hiding under the guise of giving to MAW and helping traders. I wanted to puke when I read this but I wasn't suprised. I remember when HOOT was moderating and said he was thinking of getting into the trade but prior to saying that, his execution bell went off (hoot learn the mute button). I stopped trading with HOOT after that point.

Sir_Trades_A_Lot you're naive if you think Dennis has something to gain. He is wealthy and wants to tell the truth and ALL newbies should know the truth. Remember, wealth gives you a little more testicular fortitude.

I think Dennis can be pompous but he is honorable and true to his word. Sir_Trades_A_Lot, tell me how, when, and where would Dennis tell us this dark secret about Woodie? In his room (his balls would be on the Hotcomm chopping block)? PLEASEEEE. Remember, Dennis was on the inside. I know I would never say what he said, cause I don't have the guts.

I've always felt Woodie front runs but felt bad about thinking it. How does woodie make money, real money? I've always known HOOT was crooked because I heard it with my own ears (and maybe 400 others).
I worked on the trading floor and the traders front run all of time but electronic trading is going to put them out of business. Unfortunately, we have thieves everywhere (via bits and bytes).
Just consider Dennis our "Deep Throat", but we don't have to wait to learn his identity!!!
Keep the truth coming.

Ps. I went to 1 CCI conference (chicago) and 1 of Dennis' conference (Orlando). I trade neither way now. So I have no allegiance to Woodie or Dennis.

Now I trade via ammotrader.com, but could change at a later date...

george from IL

Anonymous said...

Re: Anon 6:47 - hehehe, that Howard guy is a joke...never posted a loss in 3 years, entries are late or not at all and still has to go to his day job - cracks me up. Shame he's in the Haven room now continuing his b.s.