Wednesday, February 14, 2007

So you what to build the perfect bar...where to start???


SO I wanted a bar in the sports area that would blow anyone away.....not just have them go.....NICE.....COOL.....but HOLY WOW. So the first step was to go and hand pick out an oak log that would do the job. A 3 hour ride, in a U-Haul, of all things and walking around the yard at the mill.....there she was. Miss Oak 2006, she was a beauty, 16 foot long and 42 inches about her butt with just enough twists and turns to make her interesting. After I rubbed her a while, I told the yard foreman, I'll take this one and the rest is history.......

2 comments:

scott said...

Looks sweet. I build furniture for a living. Slabs make for some nice bar tops. Just make sur you get it good and seasoned before working them. Have fun.

Scott

Anonymous said...

I have a headache after looking at the psychedelic slideshow.