Saturday, September 24, 2005

There were a lot of questions after Katrina ran over LA and MS...a lot of them



Katrina, the perfect storm, really put a job on LA and MS as it came ashore and it seems like everyone was trying to figure out how to help.....what can you really do to help, just send money....but to whom. Who would be able to help out the most?
That was the problem I was having....who.....who should I get in touch with to help in some way? Then I was talking to one of the guys working on the house and he told me that he was not going to be there the rest of the week, but would be back in about 6 days. When I asked why, he told me that his family was from the Gulfport area and his church was sending down supplies. They had talked to a sister church down there and got a list of things that were really needed..... Tooth paste, tooth brushes, windex, 409, filters, pampers, shoes and so on. He asked me if I could help...


They were given two trucks to use from church members who had extra equipment setting around....and U-Haul allow them to use a trailer to haul as much as they could into Mississippi.


When they arrived at the church this was all that was left. The sign and a parking lot....everything else was gone.


That is Nelson on the right, a great honest hard working man, that put this all together unloading the trailer.


The pastor told them that he wanted the rest of the supplies to go further down the road to another church that had a greater need, so the trucks headed deeper into Mississippi.


Into another parking lot, where supplies from all over the country were going into. I could not believe the stories that Nelson told to how much damage was done to this area...the smell....the miles of endless destroyed homes, schools, nursing homes, stores and churches . And how gracefully people were to see the outpouring of fellow Americans in their hours of need.

The interesting part to this whole story I guess, was my trading last week and how the market just seemed to hand money to all of us. Why, because when Nelson asked me to help....he wanted a $100.00 donation. I asked how much he thought it would take to fill the two trucks and trailer. He responded with about $46,000.00 and I then asked how much they had raised. His response was about $31,000.00 from several churches in our area. So I told him to buy whatever they needed and fill everything that they could haul to Mississippi and I would donate the shortfall. The amount is not important, but last week while they were helping the victims.....the markets, for the first time in a long time, just seemed to hand it to us....What a great week, if you were in TradersHaven you saw it first hand....trade after trade after trade.

Ruth 3:13, requires a lot of responsibility in order to maintain the level of blessing you receive. No matter what level you are at.....everything is provided when the time is right......when the need is the greatest...but you have to understand from where it is coming and where you need to go.

No comments: