Monday, April 23, 2007

HSBC is full of Morons............


So in August of 2003, while on one of those family...we are going to cut cost around here...."SO TURN OFF THOSE LIGHTS WHEN YOU LEAVE A ROOM ALREADY", kind a thing, one of my credit card statements arrived. "FIFTY NINE FRICKING DOLLARS FOR A YEAR MEMBERSHIP FEE", are you kidding me. Then I noticed that the statement arrived three days before the due date, so I called and was told no problem they had computer problems and would not charge any late fee. WELL, they did on the next statement so I called and talked to one of their empty suits and was told this time that nothing could be done since the payment was 4 days late....PERIOD. SO, I cut the card up and sent it back along with the monthly payment in the full amount. Somehow, the payment was fourteen cents to much......fourteen cents.

That was 4 years ago, give or that, and I thought somewhere along the line, someone would just close it out and the Orchard Bank would be up a whole 14 more cents in the their earnings. But, every month....month in and month out...year in and year out the statements just kept coming in like clock work. 14 cents.......14 cents, wonder what the cost of producing a monthly statement is? Doesn't matter I guess because they just kept coming. So I decided to send an email and tell them to use the money for the office coffee fund or maybe someone who was past due.
The email I got back was a classic big bank run by morans....and they would like me to consider doing business with them in the future.

So being the smart you know what, I sent the following reply.....now when the check comes I'll post it and then shread it. Thinking that this should really screw their bookkeeping with being out of balance waiting for that check to clear....month after month....year after year, so if you hear the HSBC has to restate their earning in a year or two....YOU KNOW WHY!!!!! ROTFL!!!!!

2 comments:

LP said...

And I thought I was a angry yesterday beacuse my wife told me that I never change the toilet or paper towel rolls...

well safe to say this has gotten a good laugh out of me this morning...

Anonymous said...

I have that beat. I have a check from SBC telephone company for 2 cents. I have yet to cash the check but may in the next 5 years or so.