Monday, November 14, 2005

Time and Price..........



Well I have three trade setups"
The first bar trade and have been talked to death.
The ideal setup.....50CCI with a ZLR in the direction of the secret sauce.
The scalper setup....a collection of scalping ideas.....ticks at zero with symmetry,
crown patterns, just to mention a few.......


So this morning the first bar trade had me short on the open, then a bull crown pattern developed and even those in TradersHaven were talking about it....MarkB and Folls amoung others. I really didn't feel like trading today and was in no mood for scalping so as I watched the spread getting weaker, the trin moving higher and the other toys I have shared...I did a quick time and price thingie to see where the market could go. And this is where most people have a problem, I remember a comment that LBR made...something like...Well, if you draw enough line then price will reach one of them. So here I was with four points of interest.


I was looking for a hit at point "A", but price just kept drifting lower to sideways. I knew that time and price couldn't make it to "B" around 11:15 just to far to go and time was running out. The market could drift, heaven knows it felt like it to "C", but when it dropped to "D" I wasn't paying attention because using this method of trading I would be looking to cover the trade at 12:15 and we had about 20 minutes.


Then price stalled again and started drifting sideways past my timing thingie. So I cover the trade out of boredom and left for my second job....as we get ready for the timber framing guys tomorrow.

No comments: